Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Danni and Ruby's Big Adventure




We set out on the breezy morning of October 10th to travel to see the Thompson family now living in Mexico. Flying to Tucson and driving the rest of the way was the economic solution. It was actually great to spend a few hours in the car with Chris and Lucia, catching up. Oh, and by the way, Roman Octavio is a doll! (Ruby loved him too.)

Hermosillo is a cool place, and I am in NO WAY referring to the temperature. It averaged 100 degrees most days we were there. The locals were grateful it had started to cool down!

We were thrilled to spend time with Kennedy and CJ, although they are very busy. There lives are very disciplined and organized during the week and they are doing great! Their Spanish is so good and they are doing well in school. They impressed me every day with their fearlessness and hard work. I'm so proud of them.

My bother is working at the Consulate and works very hard. Lucia is the cutest new mom in the world with the cutest baby ever.

We shopped, went site seeing, saw the Naranjeros (Hermosillo's pro baseball team) play, we visited family, hung out at the country club, visited both of the kids schools and ate amazing food. I was pampered and spoiled and it has been a little difficult to return to normal life!

All in all, it was a great success and I can't wait to go back.

6 comments:

Riley's 2008 said...

What an amazing trip!!! So I'm sure you had a blast. Ruby looks so big and happy. What a cutie! I am glad you are back. I kept thinking about you. Oh, did they like the purses? Hope so. Lets play soon. It always stinks after coming home from vacation. Back to cleaning, cooking, and the craziness. At least in my house!! Love you, Tal

Jardinefamily said...

That is so fun that you and Ruby got to take a trip together. I flew back to Ohio (not as cool as Mexico) with just Mo to visit my brother and his family. It was such a fun and unique trip. It is hard getting back to reality.

Natalee said...

Okay...so wait, are Kennedy and CJ living with Chris now???? Seriously...we do not communicate enough!!!!! Updates please!

But other than that, what a great set of photos! And that baby is adorable! TOTAL THOMPSON!!!!!

Aimee said...

Those are some great pictures! I am so jealous.

Paulson Family said...

I can't wait for my trip.....I am already dreading the return and the trip hasn't even started.

Melissa said...

I am so jealous. Although I did take a little Momcation last fall to St. George for a few days - but Mexico would be way cooler!