Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to School



I had a few minutes this morning and sat down to reflect on the last few weeks.

This time of year is my most favorite. I love back to school (I even look forward to some day going back!), I enjoy the fall weather and I love football. That pretty much makes fall the best time of year.

There's a lot of excitement this year as we are in the process of moving. That means the boys started a new school. They were a bit nervous but are adjusting fine. I'm grateful that they have an easy time making friends and adjust well to new situations.

Penelope started a week later (she thought she would die) and she's back at Miss Stephanie's for her pre-k year. She loves school and can't wait to go to "real school" with her brohters next year.

The first day was really fun and they're into the swing of things now, it's as if the summer never happened! Jack is in 5th grade and Spencer is in 3rd grade.

I'm really excited for Jack- this was my favorite grade in elementary school. I was able to spend the last two weeks of that year in my Uncle Dale's classroom and it was a highlight of my childhood.

I look forward to another year of fun!

3 comments:

Natalee said...

I love this time of year too! The kids look adorable!

Is that your parent's front door? Are you guys living there? What? Moving? What? What's going?

Time for another family function I guess! We need more updates!

Brittany said...

I feel like you guys are moving all the time, it's hard to keep track of you guys. I can't believe Jack is in 5th grade WOW!! Good luck with the move.

Melissa said...

Danni - it's Melissa. I saw your comment on the Jardine's blog and thought I'd drop in and say hello. So where are you moving to? How's life other than that? Sorry - after school mayhem just hit, I'll finish catching up later.