Thursday, January 1, 2009

My 8 Things Post (finally)

8 TV Shows I Watch
My Name is Earl/the Office/30 Rock (thanks to DVR this is one show!)
House reruns
Keen Eddie
Jazz Tonight/games
Sports Center
Matlock and/or Perry Mason (with Ralph)
various children's shows
Venture Brothers

8 Favorite Restaurants
Bombay House
Fish Tacos de Hermosillo
Red Iguana
Crown Burger
Zeponie's Pizza
The Dodo
Neil's Halibut Fish & Chips
Kyoto

8 Things that Happened Today
ate black eyed peas and okra for luck in the new year
watched a bit of the Rose Bowl Parade
caught some football
walked two miles in the park
read Dave Barry's end of year article
made my bed!!!
watched the kids play Little Big Planet
my kids reminded me that I'm the "boringest mom in the world"..they claim to be joking

8 Things I'm Looking Forward To
having my body back
our house being sold
watching Spencer spar
Ruby's first word
Penelope's new dance class
Jack's next basketball game
Chris and family's next visit
my Food Bank party

8 Things on my Wish List
a maid
Utes win Sugar Bowl
Broncos sign an awesome new head coach
Jazz win championship
40 lbs magically disappear from my body while I'm sleeping
Spencer would lose his gag reflex and eat better
Photo Shop skills
smarter Americans

8 Things I love
family
friends
the Plan of Salvation
nerds
music
making my husband and kids laugh
Ron Paul's revolution
escalator ramps with magnetic shopping carts

8 Things I can't Stand
people who profess to love this country while simultaneously, directly or indirectly destroying it
ignorance
bullies
bail outs
being told to "calm down"
people who text when they should be paying attention to something or someone else
worship of fashion or celebrity
being ignored

8 People I'm Tagging
nobody, but feel free to blog your 8 Things if you are so inclined!



4 comments:

Jess said...

I like your lists. I would also like my body/baby fat so magically disappear while I'm sleeping! I also hate bail outs! What is WRONG with this country??!! Seriously? What happened to taking responsibility for ourselves & actions?
Alex has a good gag reflex, also. He dry heaves when you give him cow's milk. I am dreaming of the day we wean him completely! :)

Jardinefamily said...

You have great taste in food. Lets double date and go for some Indian food. I hear you on the texting thing. One of our YW got in trouble because she had 17,000 texts on her phone for the month of november. Do the math that is crazy.

The Burts said...

Did you ever go to the Kyoto with John Spencer by chance?

Steph said...

I really like your 8 things list. I think if I actually get the time to sit down and write my eight I will.